It looks at the eye hazards that could exist in an average workplace, and how these hazards can be controlled to reduce the risk to individuals’ eyes.
- An understanding of the structure of the human eye, and how sensitive and vulnerable to injury it is
- An awareness of the different kinds of eye injury hazard that exist, such as physical blows, foreign bodies, hazardous substances, and hazardous radiation
- An awareness of the various control measures that can be used to reduce the likelihood of serious eye injuries occurring
- An understanding of the role of personal protective equipment
- An awareness of the different types of protective equipment available for eye protection, and when they should be used
- Knowledge of the correct first aid measures to be taken in the event that an eye injury does occur
- A heightened awareness of the issue of eye injury hazards in the workplace, and workplace safety in general