Fundamental to the management of workplace health and safety is the identification, assessment and control of hazards. This means that in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries consideration is given to many things, such as:
- workplace design and layout
- provision of appropriate guards and interlocks
- written safe work procedures
- availability of required personal protective equipment
- appropriate signage and labeling and so on.
- A definition of the term, Unsafe Acts
- The factors or causes which lead to Unsafe Acts
- Outcomes of Unsafe Acts, and
- A strategy to reduce the number of Unsafe Acts that occur.