The two major benefits that flow from the implementation of an effective housekeeping policy are:
- A reduction in the number of accidents and injuries, and
- A reduction in the risk of fire.
Other benefits include:
- Improvements in work practices that will lead to increased efficiencies
- Reduced fatigue
- Improvements to overall morale, and
- Improvements to the general look and feel of the whole working environment.
This program concentrates on the two main benefits associated with good housekeeping practices and covers the following main topics:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Obstructions on walking surfaces
- Problems associated with actual walking surfaces
- Spills and leaks
- Waste control and removal, and
- Appropriate storage.
The program concludes with a guidelines segment that summarizes the basic principles that apply to all housekeeping programs.
Good Workplace Housekeeping is a responsibility for everyone in the workplace and results in direct measurable benefits.
RUNNING TIME: 12 minutes