Watch a news broadcast, read a newspaper, attend a sporting event or go to the movies and you will see that violence is all around us. It is accepted by society as not only normal, but inevitable.
- A definition of workplace violence
- Sources of violence – who may be involved in instigating a violent act
- Where violent acts are most likely to occur in the workplace
- Control measures that are used to reduce the risk of violence occurring
- Guidelines for workplace violence and harassment policy
- A typical profile of a violent person
- Crisis management – how to deal with a violent person