It is a fact that approximately 70% of all businesses that suffer from a major fire fail within 3 years. Over 50% do not even re-open.
Almost all office fires start small. With established firefighting procedures and appropriate, well maintained firefighting equipment many fires can be easily controlled.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Fundamentals of fire fighting
- Immediate safety of the individual
- Calling the Fire Department
- Attacking the fire if safe to do so
- Evacuation if necessary
- Types of office fires most likely to occur
- Firefighting equipment in the office
- Operational details of different pieces of firefighting equipment
- Details of portable fire extinguishers
- Personal safety
- Assessment of most likely hazards
Office fires do happen and a knowledge of what to do should a fire occur in your work area can prevent damage and even save lives.
RUNNING TIME: 10 Minutes