The three most important factors contributing to the occurrence of slips, trips and falls are:
- poor design of the workplace
- poor workplace practices and procedures, and
- inappropriate human behavior.
By following some basic safety principles the accidents and injuries that result from slips, trips and falls can be dramatically reduced.
This programs looks at all the key hazards associated with slips, trips and falls, including:
- good housekeeping practices
- signposting and barricading
- correct use of equipment and furniture
- proper maintenance
- appropriate footwear, and
- correct use of step stools and stepladders.
The program is suitable for all workplace personnel.
RUNNING TIME: 9.00