This program covers:
- Detailed description of manual handling
- The problems and how injuries are caused
- The types of injuries
- Steps to deal with manual handling
Hierarchy of Control Measures
The steps to deal with manual handling can often be addressed by following through a series of questions. This process, the hierarchy of control measures asks the following:
- Must the load be moved?
- Must it be lifted?
- Can it be moved mechanically?
- Can the load be reduced?
- Can assistance be gained?
- Is the load too heavy to safely lift?
Manual handling contributes directly to a significant percentage of work related accidents and injuries. Manual handling is an issue that must be addressed as an ongoing subject in the workplace.
RUNNING TIME: 12 Minutes